To set-up WMS in MapInfo Professional:
1. In an open window of MapInfo Professional, click the File > Open Web Service > Open WMS…
2. In the pop-up, click on Servers…
3. In the WMS Servers List pop-up, Click Add…
4. In the WMS Server Information Pop-up, Copy and Paste the URL for the WMS you would like to add in the Server URL
Field. You may also enter a description (optional). You can test the URL to ensure it is entered correctly. Click OK.
5. The WMS will now appear in the WMS Servers List, select the WMS and click ‘OK’
6. The WMS Layer will now appear in the list of available WMS Layers, select the layer, click Add>>
to move it to the right-hand column, and click ‘OK’:
This will load the WMS layer into the Map Window.
7. The WMS will now appear in the WMS Servers List, select the WMS and click ‘OK’